Pesky pests draw an exasperated sigh out of people. Almost all of us have experienced problems because of termites, cockroaches and other annoying pests. The best way to get rid of them is through a pest control service.
Usually pest control companies employ Pest control singapore chemicals such as Fipronil, Temephos and even some organic chemicals such as Croton. Companies always ensure that the chemicals that they use are safe and will not in any way harm you or your family.
The most common type of pests is termites. However, there are many more. Something as common as an ant can become truoblesome if not controlled in time. Some pests are dangerous such as scorpions while others are just a nuisance such as mice or cockroaches.
Pests are located in a variety of places. Nevertheless, the ones found in residents or crops cause the most damage. Even businesses and corporate offices can be plagued with them. Homeowners try to protect their investment and families, whereas farmers need to control pests in order to protect their livelihood. In either case, pests can cause a great problem.
Pest control companies use a variety of techniques. Some of which are:
- Pesticides: The most common type of pest control is the use of pesticides. Different pesticides are used for different pests. For instance, insecticides are used for insects; miticides and acaracides kill spiders and mites.
- Biological control: Biological control uses natural insects against other insects, for instance viruses, bacteria etc. These do not harm humans while eradicating pesky pests.
- Breeding Grounds: One of the best methods of ensuring pest control is to destroy the breeding grounds. If you are pestered by mosquitoes, try to drain all standing water as this is where mosquitoes breed.
- Bird Control: Even birds can change into pests if there are too many of them. Some of the popular means of bird control are netting, spikes, lasers, visual scares etc.
A few preventive measures can be taken such as:
- Cleanliness: Pests are less likely to be attracted to a neat and tidy environment.
- Dry Areas: Get around to fixing that leaky tap. Drain your pool as soon as you are done swimming.
- Eatables: Store perishable and food items somewhere those pests cannot reach.
- Ensure that your pets do not have any fleas/insects.